North Sea OSV Spot Broker
Clarksons Platou is looking for an aspiring individual to join our Offshore Team in Oslo. We seek exceptional communication skills, strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity. You will work along our great OSV Chartering team in Oslo, predominantly with anchor handlers and platform supply vessels on short term deals in the North Sea. Become part of a team that always strive to find new and innovative ways to strengthen our position within this exciting and recovering industry. This is your chance to become part of the largest ship broking house in the World.
- Instigate, arrange and negotiate deals, including relationship building to develop business; i.e. negotiate the main terms of a contract, and ensure its performance. This involves the following:
- Daily contact with Owners and Charterers
- Maintain a database and keep track of vessel positions
- Negotiate spot charters to achieve optimum results for customers
- Negotiate with different people in different roles and countries
- Provide market insight and trade ideas to clients
- Developing new and existing client base
- Team player
- Socially capable to talk to clients both face to face and on the phone
- Excellent communication skills, being fluent in English both written and oral
- Commercially and bright minded
- Fast thinking
- Hungry and tenacious
- Computer literate (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Competitive remuneration package and social benefits
- Exciting, fast-paced working environment
- A culture of teamwork and the opportunity to play an important role in a rapidly changing market
Kindly note that the application should include your personal details, a description of who you are and your key qualifications. In addition, the application must include a full CV, recommendation(s) and references with full contact details.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
The application deadline is Friday June 16rd 2017.
Please submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked “North Sea OSV Spot Broker”
Enquiries of the position may be directed to Wilhelm, tel +47 23 11 27 40
Clarksons Platou Offshore is a part of the Clarksons Platou Group which is the world`s leading provider of integrated shipping services, bringing our connections and experience to an international client base. Listed on the London Stock Exchange & with 164 years’ experience of providing seamless end-to-end shipping services through a global network, the Clarksons Platou Group comprises 49 offices in 20 countries with over 1400 employees and operating in four main business areas: Shipbroking & Offshore, Investment Banking, Project Finance and Research.