Scope Ratings GmbH, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.
Scope Ratings vokser i Norge/Norden og vi søker ny analytiker i Oslo!
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Assess bank credit risk for the purpose of ratings. The analysis is performed on a cross-border peer-group basis thus demanding the analyst a broad view on the banking industry and its dynamics.
- Present rating recommendations to rating committees and be able to support them with solid coherent arguments and facts
- Monitor existing ratings and when necessary recommend reviews and changes on a timely basis
- Contribute to the development of Scope’s new methodologies
- Produce high-quality, insightful and forward-looking research and analytical comments on a timely basis (thematic, name-specific, market-specific, etc.)
- Attend, and act as a lead rating analyst on meetings with bank representatives, including senior management
- Be able to represent Scope Ratings expertise to investors and other market participants, as well as give presentations and briefings at a highly professional level.
- Work closely with the other banking team members and other analytical units and management in Scope Group
Your skills & competencies
- This is a position for a candidate with a significant amount of experience in the field of bank analysis and a solid and proven track record. Prior direct experience in a rating agency is not a requirement although it may be an additional consideration.
- Credit analysis experience is expected (not all of it necessarily in bank credit assessment).
- Experience and knowledge in Capital securities, Senior Debt Categories, Non-Bank Financials, Covered Bonds and Government-related Entities.
- Excellent familiarity with numbers and accounting concepts applicable to banks (IFRS and other systems as necessary), as well as with financial and prudential ratios and other metrics relevant to bank analysis.
- Good insight into bank regulations and banking-industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of bank debt instruments and their characteristics.
- Proven ability and willingness to write high-quality and insightful research and comments in Norwegian and English on a timely basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and other applications as necessary in the day-to-day work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in discussions with senior representatives of issuers, investors and intermediaries.
- Fluent in Norwegian in addition to English is a requirement; knowledge of other languages is an additional positive consideration.
We offer a challenging, full-time permanent position, in a company with high development potential. The position is based at Scope’s office in Oslo. You will be part of a committed and professional team with a flat hierarchy. Scope’s size allows quality work to become quickly visible.
We look forward to learning more about you from your application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20180136“.
What we want to see
- Signed current CV
- Criminal record certificate
- At least 3 letters of reference
- Copy of your university degrees and certificates